We may not be transforming robot cars fighting to defend Earth from evil, but we do defend users from the pain of manually renewing their dues every year. Cue the latest in our 3.9 release: auto-renewal functionality.
Auto-renewal saves organizations and users valuable time every year, making life simpler and renewing easier. Now you can watch the latest season of that show you’ve been putting off.
- Portal users can opt into auto-renewal when they are applying for membership or when renewing dues.
- Need a reminder? We’ve added alerts so that users can see when their memberships expire or if they are trying to pay for a dues item that is already enrolled in auto-renewal.
How Does it Work?
- If auto-renewal is selected, users will be asked to provide payment information or use saved payment details in their payment profiles.
- Organizations must send out at least one auto-renewal reminder before they charge the payment profile—we are all about transparency, people.
- Users can opt out of auto-renewal at any time after enrollment. They can come back at any time and opt back in. We’ll wait for you.
- Prefer it the way it was? That’s fine with us. You can override the auto-renewal functionality and manually renew – we’ll ask you if you’re sure though, just in case.
Want to learn more about this feature? Check out our release notes.