About the Position
We currently have an open position for Software Support (Help Desk), who will execute client support roles. Initial tasks will include learning about our core applications, creating cases from client support emails or calls, and answering end user questions. Product knowledge gained in this capacity will lead to greater responsibility and job advancement opportunities, to include training our staff, training clients on-site, researching and troubleshooting application errors and working with our development team to modify our software to meet client needs.
The entry level Software Support position has the opportunity to advance within the Cobalt support department. There are three levels of Software Support:
Level One – Entry-level position whose primary duties are listed below.
Level Two – Troubleshoot and resolve Client specific technical & end user cases, assist with the escalation of cases from Level One support staff, Training client’s, & documenting out functionality (i.e. Test Cases, User Manuals, & Functional Specification).
Level Three – Troubleshoot and resolve Client specific technical cases, assist with the escalation of cases from level One & Two support staff, assist with client projects moving from project to the production environment, and Training of clients & Cobalt staff.
This full-time position is based at our headquarters in Arlington, Virginia. Candidates must be willing to travel up to 15% locally and 10% nationally.
- Learn the intricacies of our core software applications from our staff and through formal training and self-study.
- Answer end-user support calls and e-mails, create support cases and assign cases to support staff.
- Assist with documentation (test cases).
- Participate in welcoming and training new employees.
- Learn and utilize the additional software.
- Test software to ensure it meets our client’s documented needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years of work experience (post-college)
- Client or customer facing work experience
- End-user support experience
- Great personality (patient, upbeat, friendly and professional)
- Organizational and task management skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office products
- Attentive to details
- Fluency in English (written and oral)
- Experience contributing to a team
- Able to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- Experience with Microsoft CRM, association management software or other CRM software and business intelligence/reporting tools
- Training or tutoring experience
- Familiarity with online collaboration, error reporting or content management tools
- Familiarity with WebEx, Sitefinity or Skype for Business
- Prior positions working with associations or certification boards
Cobalt provides all employees with medical, vision, dental, life and disability insurance, a 401K plan with employer matching and free parking as well as a relaxed work environment in Arlington. Cobalt hires talented, motivated people that like to see the results of their work and that strive to grow the company and develop their own skills. The Software Support (Help Desk) position pays an annual salary of $52,000, based on experience with the opportunity to make up to 10% more in annual performance-based bonuses.