About the Position
Cobalt currently has an opening for a Software Product Specialist at Level I or Level II. The Level I position is an entry-level job while the Level II position requires at least 4 years of technical support experience; both levels are part of our customer support department. Software Product Specialists at Cobalt play a key role in ensuring a positive customer experience with Cobalt’s software products. Our products are mobile and browser-based CRM applications that are built on top of the Microsoft Dynamics 365 platform and are central to our customer’s business operations – including customer communication, payment processing, and event management. Software Product Specialists learn the intricacies of our products and how our customers have configured our products so that we can help them use our software to its fullest potential.
The start date for this position is September 13, 2021.
Successful hires in this position are individuals who take pride in solving real-world business problems, like collaborating with internal team members and external clients, and enjoy continuous learning as they keep pace with changes in complex technologies.
Cobalt seeks out talented, motivated people who like to see the results of their work, develop their own skills, and strive to grow the company. This is a full-time position averaging 45 hours per week and is normally based at our headquarters in Crystal City (Arlington), Virginia, where employees are expected to work onsite in our office in order to help encourage teamwork and collaboration.
- Research and troubleshoot tickets
- Research new functionality or solutions to unique customer requests
- Answer end-user support calls and emails
- Escalate cases to internal specialists and departments
- Create documentation for end-users and internal use
- Monitor incoming cases for trends and triage of urgent items
- Quality assurance testing on new product and client releases
- Become a subject matter expert and create documentation for end-users and internal use
- Provide training to customers and internal staff
- Provide formalized coaching sessions for other staff members on the support team
- 4-year degree from a respected institution
- 1-2 years of professional work experience, preferably in a technical and/or training field
- 4+ years of technical support experience (Level II only)
- Fluency in English with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Department Training & Benefits
- Individual training budget
- Paid time for individual training and/or projects throughout the year
- Other professional development opportunities (such as conferences)
- Multiple career growth opportunities
Cobalt’s Work Environment
- Quiet, relaxed & collaborative workspaces
- Comprehensive training and coaching opportunities
- Weekly company-wide lunch-n-learn sessions
- Transparent company-wide communication
Benefits & Compensation
Cobalt provides all employees with medical, vision, dental, life, and disability insurance, a 401K plan with employer matching, a training budget, and free parking as well as a relaxed work environment in Crystal City. We host multiple events for our employees each year including fun quarterly events, a holiday party, and a company retreat. In addition, we offer multiple avenues for giving back to the community through a variety of volunteering opportunities.
The Software Product Specialist position has an annual salary of $65,000 – $85,000, based on experience.
Applying for the Position
Please apply via the link below and include a copy of your current resume and cover letter: