About the Position
Cobalt currently has an opening for an experienced Software Developer for product development, client implementations, and sustainment of Cobalt’s products. Our products are mobile and browser-based CRM applications that make substantial use of web services. These applications are built on top of the Microsoft Dynamics 365 platform. Our software engineers play a primary role on our cross-functional SCRUM team and candidates must be interested in working closely with a small team of technical individuals to produce excellent quality products and implementations while focusing on code reusability and flexibility.
The ideal candidate is someone who has been successful in their early career and is looking to moving into a leadership position. They are self-motivated, interested in the process of developing complex software systems, and enjoy collaborating with and coaching other technically minded people. In addition to strong technical skills, they must have strong communication and problem-solving skills.
The hired individual will be placed on a leadership track and, as part of the hiring process, a technical lead transition plan will be created that will include requirements and a timeline for promotion. Plan specifics will be based on the individual candidate, but the expected timeline range is six months to one year.
Cobalt hires talented, motivated people who like to see the results of their work, develop their own skills, and strive to grow the company. This is a full-time position averaging 45 hours per week and is normally based at our headquarters in Crystal City (Arlington), Virginia, where employees are expected to work onsite in our office in order to help encourage teamwork and collaboration.
- Member on our cross-functional SCRUM team
- Full stack position
- Testing and deploying programs and applications
- Working on a team of about 4-6 people composed of experienced Tech Leads & upper management
- Working on projects geared towards extending codes, CRM based products, and individualized client needs
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science from a respected institution
- 4+ years of software development work experience
- 1-2 years of experience writing business application software
- Object-oriented programming knowledge
- Experience with Agile and Scrum development methodologies
- Excellent knowledge of the software development life cycle
- Experience working with Microsoft Dynamics 365 is preferred
- Fluency in English with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Department Training & Benefits
- Individual training budget
- Paid time for individual training and/or projects throughout the year
- Other professional development opportunities (such as conferences)
Cobalt’s Work Environment
- Quiet, relaxed & collaborative workspaces
- Working with other intelligent and motivated developers
- Weekly code reviews with Tech Leads
- Weekly company-wide lunch-n-learn sessions
Benefits & Compensation
Cobalt offers all employees with medical, vision, dental, life, and disability insurance, a 401K plan with employer matching, paid time off, a training budget, and a relaxed work environment in Crystal City. We host multiple events for our employees each year including fun quarterly events, a holiday party, and a company retreat. In addition, we offer multiple avenues for giving back to the community through a variety of volunteering opportunities.
The Software Developer position pays an annual base salary of $95,000 – $100,000, based on experience with the opportunity to make up to 10% more in annual performance-based bonuses.