About the Position
Cobalt currently has an opening for an entry-level Software Developer for product development, client implementations, and sustainment of Cobalt’s products. Our products are mobile and browser-based CRM applications that make substantial use of web services. These applications are built on top of the Microsoft Dynamics 365 platform. This position will play a primary role in our cross-functional SCRUM team and candidates must be interested in working closely with a small team of technical individuals to produce excellent quality products and implementations while focusing on code reusability and flexibility.
Successful hires in this position are generally computer science graduates looking for training and experience as a professional software developer. They are self-motivated, interested in the process of developing complex software systems, and enjoy collaborating with other technically minded people. They also have strong communication and problem-solving skills.
Cobalt hires talented, motivated people who like to see the results of their work, develop their own skills, and strive to grow the company. This is a full-time hybrid remote position that requires that candidates work onsite at our headquarters in Crystal City (Arlington), Virginia, for an average of 2 days per week in order to help encourage teamwork and collaboration. Cobalt mandates that all employees are vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus therefore if hired, candidates would be required to provide proof of vaccination.
- Member on our cross-functional SCRUM team
- Working on a team of about 4-6 people composed of experienced Tech Leads & upper management
- Working on projects geared towards extending codes, CRM based products, and individualized client needs
- Contributing to ongoing product development
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science
- Object-oriented programming knowledge
- Collaborative team player with a positive attitude
- Fluency in English with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Benefits & Compensation
Cobalt offers all employees with medical, vision, dental, life, and disability insurance, a 401K plan with employer matching, paid time off, a training budget, and a relaxed work environment in Crystal City. We host multiple events for our employees each year including fun quarterly events, a holiday party, and a company retreat. In addition, we offer multiple avenues for giving back to the community through a variety of volunteering opportunities.
The Software Developer position pays an annual base salary of $80,000 – $90,000 based on experience, plus bonus.
- Individual training budget
- Paid time for individual training and/or projects throughout the year
- Other professional development opportunities (such as conferences)
- Weekly code reviews with Tech Leads
Cobalt’s Work Environment
- Quiet, relaxed & collaborative workspaces
- Comprehensive training and coaching opportunities
- Weekly company-wide lunch-n-learn sessions
- Transparent company-wide communication
- Working with other intelligent and motivated developers