About the Position
Cobalt currently has an opening for a software developer to act as the technical lead on customer implementation projects. Our customer implementation projects extend and customize Cobalt’s products to meet client-specific requirements. Our products are mobile and browser-based CRM applications that make substantial use of web services. These applications are built on top of the Microsoft Dynamics 365 platform. This position plays a crucial role in our cross-functional SCRUM teams and candidates must be interested in working closely with a small team of technical individuals to produce excellent quality products and implementations while focusing on code reusability and flexibility.
The ideal candidate has a strong academic and professional background in software development. They have demonstrated success in their career and have experience in a technical leadership position on projects using SCRUM or a similar agile methodology. They are self-motivated, interested in the process of developing complex software systems, and enjoy collaborating with and coaching other technically minded people. In addition to strong technical skills, they must have strong communication and problem-solving skills.
Cobalt hires talented, motivated people who like to see the results of their work, develop their own skills, and strive to grow the company. This is a full-time position based at our headquarters in Crystal City (Arlington), Virginia, where employees are expected to work onsite in our office in order to help encourage teamwork and collaboration. Cobalt mandates that all employees are vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus therefore if hired, candidates would be required to provide proof of vaccination.
Your primary responsibilities are broken up into three major areas:
TECHNICAL: Senior C# Developers are responsible for all technical decisions on client implementation projects and are responsible for removing technical impediments to their team.
- Learn and stay abreast of Cobalt’s products and technologies used, including the Microsoft Dynamics platform;
- architect technical solutions to client-specific requirements, while also being a Cobalt product SME at the client’s disposal from a technical standpoint;
- document and estimate client requested functionality;
- facilitate timely completion of sprints by removing team member-identified impediments;
- contribute to ongoing product development, while also identifying any product shortcomings and feature enhancements that would make implementations smoother across multiple clients; and
- review support cases for clients on a regular basis to identify trends, provide feedback to support and the infrastructure team, and increase knowledge of how clients use the system in practice.
PROCESS: Senior C# Developers are responsible for maintaining department and company processes on their team and contributing to the evolution of those processes.
- Enforce client team SOPs such as work item workflow, stand up agenda, etc.;
- provide feedback on current SOPs and assist in evolving processes;
- provide department required KPI data for all work led in a timely manner; and
- provide ongoing feedback on the members of their team.
COLLABORATION: Senior C# Developers are expected to leverage their technical expertise to facilitate collaboration with multiple groups.
- Assist in quality control by conducting frequent code reviews, paired programming, and other collaborative sessions;
- coach team members by providing both in-line and post-effort feedback;
- collaborate with our consulting department to help inform short-term resource allocation;
- assist in client requirements gathering; and
- act as the main technical point of contact for assigned clients and 3rd party vendors.
- 4-year degree from a respected institution, preferably in Computer Science
- Experience with Agile software development
- Strong relational database experience
- 5+ years of software development work experience
- 1+ years of team lead experience
- Fluency in English with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Benefits & Compensation
Cobalt offers all employees with medical, vision, dental, life, and disability insurance, a 401K plan with employer matching, paid time off, a training budget, and a relaxed work environment in Crystal City. We host multiple events for our employees each year including fun quarterly events, a holiday party, and a company retreat. In addition, we offer multiple avenues for giving back to the community through a variety of volunteering opportunities.
The Senior C# Developer position pays an annual base salary of $110,000 – $125,000, based on experience, and a target bonus of 7.5% of base salary for total compensation of $118,250 – $134,375.
- Individual training budget
- Paid time for individual training and/or projects throughout the year
- Other professional development opportunities (such as conferences)
- Multiple career growth opportunities
Cobalt’s Work Environment
- Quiet, relaxed & collaborative workspaces
- Comprehensive training and coaching opportunities
- Weekly company-wide lunch-n-learn sessions
- Transparent company-wide communication