About the Position
Cobalt is currently looking to grow our sales team by adding an individual contributor with a track record of sales success. The Sales Account Executive will lead sales efforts in Cobalt’s traditional markets, with an exclusive focus on new customer acquisition, and will inherit a mature pipeline ($5M+) of prospective clients.
We’re looking for someone who wants to work the entire sales cycle and close high-dollar contracts. The ideal candidate takes pride in solving real-world business problems, loves selling complex technologies, thrives in a collaborative environment, and is hungry to win every deal. We are looking for candidates who can start in May or June of 2022.
This position reports to Cobalt’s Director of Sales.
Cobalt hires talented, motivated people who like to see the results of their work, develop their own skills, and strive to grow the company. This is a full-time hybrid remote position that requires that candidates work onsite at our headquarters in Crystal City (Arlington), Virginia, for an average of 2 days per week in order to help encourage teamwork and collaboration. Cobalt mandates that all employees are vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus therefore if hired, candidates would be required to provide proof of vaccination.
- Work with a Business Development Representative to hone a prospecting strategy for lead generation, while also contributing to the prospecting engine.
- Develop and manage a pipeline of $250k+ opportunities.
- Conduct initial product demos, liaise with our consulting department to develop proposals, and deliver tailored demonstrations to prospects.
- Respond to RFPs and write proposals/quotes for customers based on Cobalt’s implementation methodology.
- Work with Cobalt leadership to analyze potential deals and nurture them through the negotiation and closing process.
- Coordinate with the marketing and product teams to provide feedback based on interaction with prospective customers.
- Actively engage customers and partners in our target markets through online communities, networking events, and conferences.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Fluency in English (written and oral)
- Excellent communication, writing, and presentation skills
- Organizational and task management skills
- Great personality (patient, upbeat, friendly, and professional)
- Passion. Drive. A “hunter” mentality.
- 3 to 5 years of proven success selling in a competitive environment (ideally, selling complex software solutions, SaaS, or professional services)
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics CRM/365
- Exposure to the association management and/or the certification/credentialing software markets
- Individual training budget
- Paid time for individual training and/or projects throughout the year
- Other professional development opportunities (such as conferences)
- Multiple career growth opportunities
Cobalt’s Work Environment
- Collaborative workspaces with the ability to find a quiet spot for deep thinking
- Comprehensive training and coaching opportunities
- Weekly company-wide lunch-n-learn sessions
- Transparent company-wide communication
Benefits & Compensation
Cobalt offers all employees medical, vision, dental, life, and disability insurance, as well as a 401k plan with employer matching. We host multiple events for our employees each year including quarterly events and a holiday party. In addition, we offer multiple avenues for giving back to the community through a variety of volunteering opportunities.
Compensation is commensurate with experience and will include a competitive base salary, plus a commission structure based on each dollar of new business booked.
Please apply via the link below and include a copy of your current resume and cover letter: