About the Position
Cobalt currently has an opening for a Sales / Business Development Representative. This is a unique opportunity to join Cobalt as we add to our Sales Development team to support our growth into new markets. The SDR role is at the heart of the business, and you will have the ability to hone your skills and knowledge with the goal of progressing through the organization. This position is part of the Product Management, Sales & Marketing department, and reports to Cobalt’s Director of Business Development.
Successful candidates will have excellent communication skills, be relationship builders, and have a desire to expand and grow within Cobalt. If you have a go-getter attitude, coachability, and want to contribute to a team and company that will recognize your hard work then Cobalt will be a great fit.
We’re seeking professionals from a range of backgrounds; whether you have 0-3 years of successful sales experience in a complex sales environment, are an individual with commercial experience in fundraising / PR / Journalism, or a recent college graduate eager to start your career. Successful SDRs are those with a positive attitude, are motivated to learn and build a career with Cobalt, and do not shy away from a challenge.
SDRs will be at the forefront of driving new business opportunities across the sales pipeline and are responsible for building relationships with prospective customers.
Cobalt seeks out talented, motivated people who like to see the results of their work, develop their own skills, and strive to grow the company. This is a full-time position averaging 45 hours per week and is normally based at our headquarters in Crystal City (Arlington), Virginia, where employees are expected to work onsite in our office in order to help encourage teamwork and collaboration. However, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Cobalt currently has a temporary telework policy in place for those who would prefer to work remotely at this time.
- Conducting outbound sales activities such as cold calling, sending strategic emails, social media engagement, and qualifying sales opportunities.
- Meeting or exceeding activity metrics for calls, appointments scheduled and generating sales opportunities for senior members of the team (50 Calls/75 Emails a day).
- Creating monthly / quarterly account plans with AEs to drive new business.
- Conducting research on target accounts to identify key decision-makers and creating tailored messaging for each prospect.
- Partnering with the Marketing team to follow up on email marketing campaigns and nurturing prospects to convert them in appropriate timescales.
- Leveraging Cobalt’s tech stack – Microsoft Dynamics 365, ZoomInfo, LinkedIn Sales Navigator.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Excellent communication skills and comfortable speaking with prospects and colleagues
- Track record of succeeding in a goal-oriented environment
- A great attitude and a desire to help shape the new team, especially as we enter new markets
- Interest in technology
- 0-3 years of experience in Sales Development, cold-calling, Lead Generation, or Sales is preferred
- Energetic phone skills, excellent listening skills, strong writing skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Aptitude for understanding how technology products and solutions solve business problems
- Excels in a high-energy, fast-moving sales team environment
Department Training & Benefits
- Individual training budget
- Paid time for individual training and/or projects throughout the year
- Other professional development opportunities (such as conferences)
- Multiple career growth opportunities
Cobalt’s Work Environment
- Quiet, relaxed & collaborative workspaces
- Comprehensive training and coaching opportunities
- Weekly company-wide lunch-n-learn sessions
- Transparent company-wide communication
Benefits & Compensation
Cobalt provides all employees with medical, vision, dental, life, and disability insurance, a 401K plan with employer matching, a training budget, a generous PTO policy as well as a relaxed work environment in Crystal City. We host multiple events for our employees each year including fun quarterly events, a holiday party, and a company retreat. In addition, we offer multiple avenues for giving back to the community through a variety of volunteering opportunities.
While your compensation is commensurate with experience, the expected annual salary for this position is $55,000 with on-target earnings of $65,000.
Please apply via the link below and include a copy of your current resume and cover letter: