We are looking for a forward-thinking, collaborative .NET Technical Lead to join Cobalt with a focus on leading agile software development teams building enterprise business applications.
Location: Hybrid – remote and in-person at our office in Crystal City (Arlington), VA
Job Type: Permanent
Cobalt’s agile software development teams create engaging user experiences for our new and existing customers. Due to growth in our business, we seek to expand our ranks with a technical leader who has a background in .NET/C#, can come in and understand our code base, architect solutions for our clients, and work with junior developers to ensure that the code they write fits into the fabric of our platform.
What You Will Do:
- Work with clients and project managers to understand scope and help steer requirements intake
- Envision how to architect and solution new capabilities on top of an existing, well-formed, n-tiered codebase that are secure, performant, and reliable
- Implement solutions using the Microsoft suite of services including Azure DevOps, Microsoft Dynamics, and other Microsoft platform tools
- Lead and develop junior developers to help realize project and career path objectives
- Use agile principles to assist in the management of cross-functional workflows using concepts such as estimation, backlog management, and sprints
- Help Cobalt modernize its platform to use the latest and greatest in Microsoft developer and platform technologies as we continue to bring industry-leading experience to our target markets
Who You Are:
- You enjoy working with the Microsoft stack and have been using it for several years. .NET/C# are your day-to-day tools. Experience with Microsoft Dynamics is a plus
- You have experience building and implementing large-scale systems across various projects
- You know and care about sound engineering best practices like continuous delivery, defensive programming, and automated testing
- You have a good understanding of data structures, design patterns, and how to apply them to design pragmatic solutions
- Mentoring and supporting peers and junior developers, ensuring best practices are followed, is important to you
- You understand database best practices and data modeling without necessarily being a DBA
- You communicate clearly and enjoy sharing your knowledge with others to help the team grow and ensure project risks are communicated and mitigated
Where You’ll Be:
- We are in Arlington, Virginia. We believe in the importance of face-to-face communication and collaboration, so this role is hybrid. Our team meets in person 2 to 3 days a week
- Our office is a great place to be! Plenty of collaboration rooms, great desks and monitors, and a wonderful team culture at a small company. We hope you will enjoy the benefits of working from home and the office!
Why You Should Work for Cobalt:
- We have a fun, work-hard-play-hard culture
- We offer quiet, relaxed, and collaborative workspaces
- Comprehensive training and coaching opportunities
- Weekly company-wide lunch-n-learns
- Transparent company-wide communication
Compensation & Benefits:
Cobalt offers all employees with medical, vision, dental, life, and disability insurance, a 401K plan with employer matching, paid time off, a training budget, and a relaxed work environment in Crystal City. We host multiple events for our employees each year including fun quarterly events, a holiday party, and a company retreat. In addition, we offer multiple avenues for giving back to the community through various volunteering opportunities.
The .NET Tech Lead position pays an annual base salary of $120,000 – $135,000, based on experience and a target bonus of 7.5% of base salary for total compensation of $129,000 – $145,125.