About the Position
We currently have an opening for a SQL Developer / Data Migration Specialist who will develop data migration plans and execute data migrations for Cobalt’s customers.
Cobalt provides implementations of Microsoft Dynamics 365 to our customers in conjunction with our products that are built on top of the Dynamics 365 platform. As part of implementation services, we assist our customers with the migration of their data from source systems into Dynamics 365. SQL Developer / Data Migration Specialists at Cobalt work with our customers to understand their business and how their source data is structured, and then build data maps and data conversion plans to accurately extract, transform, and load (ETL) the source data into the destination D365 system.
Successful hires in this position are individuals who are curious, organized, and motivated to deliver technology solutions to business problems, like collaborating with internal team members and external clients, and enjoy continuous learning as they keep pace with changes in complex technologies.
- Learn the intricacies of our core products.
- Engage with Cobalt’s customers to understand requirements and deliver solutions.
- Perform data migration from a variety of data sources into Microsoft D365 through T-SQL, Kingsway Soft, Scribe, SSIS packages, or other ETL tools and techniques.
- Maintain data maps and data conversion packages for common data conversion sources in source control (TFS).
- Act as the project manager for migration-only projects by developing, executing, monitoring, and maintaining project timelines, budgets, and scope.
- Monitor and escalate risks to project timelines
- Assist with administering Microsoft SQL Server
- Assist with non-position-specific tasks (sales demonstrations, training new employees, etc.)
- Promote Cobalt at industry events
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2 – 3 years of SQL programming experience
- 1 – 3 years of data migration experience
- An interest in technology project management and desire to learn new technologies
- Fluency in English (written and oral)
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Excellent organizational and task management skills
- Great personality (patient, upbeat, friendly, and professional)
- Experience with Microsoft’s Power Platform
- Experience with SSIS packages
- Experience with data analysis and BI reporting
- Prior positions working with associations or certification boards
- Experience presenting technical content in-person
- Familiar with project management concepts
- Proficiency in scripting language such as Python, Perl, or Bash
Benefits & Compensation
Cobalt provides all employees with medical, vision, dental, life, and disability insurance, a 401K plan with employer matching, a training budget, and free parking as well as a relaxed work environment in Crystal City. We host multiple events for our employees each year including fun quarterly events, a holiday party, and a company retreat. In addition, we offer multiple avenues for giving back to the community through a variety of volunteering opportunities.
The SQL Developer / Data Migration Specialist position pays an annual salary of $89,000 – $107,000, based on experience with the opportunity to make up to 10% more in annual performance-based bonuses.
Hybrid Work Policy
Cobalt has adopted a hybrid remote work policy for 2023 in order to continue fostering our company culture of teamwork and collaboration. All employees are expected to work a minimum of 25 days per quarter at Cobalt’s office in Arlington, VA.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Cobalt wants to ensure the health and safety of all its employees, which is why all employees are required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, including at least one booster shot.
Click Here to Apply for Cobalt’s SQL Developer / Data Migration Specialist Position
Please include a copy of your current resume and cover letter.