Backup and Merge
Merging a record gives you the opportunity to roll back to the snapshot while saving any information added to a record that were previously empty on the original snapshot.
- Select the record that you wish to create a backup of
- Select run workflow
- Select the Backup workflow for the chosen entity
- Click Add
- Confirm application of the workflow
- Once the workflow is finished running, navigate to the Advanced Find Window
- Set the Look for to Snapshots and click Results
- A snapshot of that record will appear in the list
- Note: A record of the snapshot will also be stored as an Activity on the record for records that support activities.
Merge from Backup
When you’re ready to Merge (say you jumped the gun and Leslie Knope isn’t President quite yet, but her updated address is solid).
- Select the snapshot that you wish to merge from.
- Contact Pre-Rollback and Merge.
- Select Merge to copy the fields with information on the snapshot. Any fields on the parent that are empty in the snapshot will not roll back to null.
- Select OK on the popup window.
- You will be redirected to the record.
- The record has been rolled back to the snapshot and merged with the null to populated updates made since the snapshot was taken.
Snapshot is a lightweight, easy to use and easy to customize solution for Dynamics CRM that will allow you to create point in time backups and restore records with the click of a button.