Out of the box Email Templates are not one of the entities configured for CRM Snapshot. (EDIT: As of Snapshot 1.1, Email Template workflows are configured out of the box. However, this article can be applied to any custom or system entity in CRM.) Possibly an oversight on our part since copying an email template could save a lot of work laying things out if you have an email template layout you like and want to use with minor content changes.
Never fear, though setting it up is simple.
1. You can Download and install CRM Snapshot from here www.cobalt.net/dynamics-crm-snapshot.
2. Once the solution is installed create a new manual workflow process based on the Email Template Entity (NOTE: You could use this process for any other system or custom entity as well).
3. Add the Clone step.
4. Set the Available to Run Option to “As an on-demand process” and remove all of the Start When options.
5. Activate the new Workflow
6. From the Email Template you want to copy select the ellipses and Run the new Workflow.
7. It’ll take a minute for the workflow to finish the first time you use it but you will be left with a copy of the template with ” – Copy” appended to the name with formatting and all.
Snapshot is a lightweight, easy to use and easy to customize solution for Dynamics CRM that will allow you to create point in time backups and restore records with the click of a button.